The 6th Cambodia Rice Forum and launching of certification Mark "MALYS ANGKOR" and Annual General Meeting of the Cambodian Rice Federation 2017
Phnom Penh: On January 22-23, 2018 at Sofitel Phnom Penh,
the 6th Cambodia Rice Forum and launching of certification Mark "MALYS ANGKOR" and Annual General Meeting of the Cambodian Rice Federation 2017 are held by Cambodia Rice Federation and supported by related ministries and institutions involved both state and private under the presidency of H.E Deputy Prime Yim Chhay Ly, highly representing Samdech Akka Moha Sena Padei Decho Hun Sen Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Cambodia.
The forum has the following objectives:
- mainly promote paddy , rice production and rice export in a new, bigger scale and pace into global market
- make Cambodian rice an internationally recognized brand
- bring the forefront, various key players of the Rice Value Chain, to seek for viable solutions
- invite International Buyers and Importers from key markets for Cambodian rice like Western and Eastern Europe, Middle- East, Africa and Asia to have a good opportunity to learn from the various government institutions and private sectors the current and future measures to be undertaken to improve the sector in further development
- update the progress of Cambodia rice supply chain development and its challenges, its trend and roles and its effects and position in the global rice market
- launch Cambodia Rice National Brand (Certification Mark)
- promote farmers through their modern practice and a new model of contract farming.
The forum discussed the following important agenda:
- Policy changes, policy changes and policies for the Cambodian rice sector in the Tonle Sap region and the Lower Mekong Delta.
- Draft Cambodian Rice Policy
- As well as modernizing and modeling farms for the Cambodian rice sector in the rice production chain.
The forum is held smoothly in a pleasant, friendly atmosphere and with fruitful results. The forum is held for two full days and ended at 5:00 pm on the same day month and year.